Shares

Income from sales of Cailore Fantasy products will be distributed based on the number of shares you have accumulated. You will accumulate Shares based on the following schedule:

  • Writing: 1 share per 300 words (published length);
  • Editing: 1 share per 1,500 words;
  • Layout: 3 shares per 40 pages of the final product;
  • Cover Art: 10 shares per 70 square inches for non-exclusive art, art which has been exclusively licensed to Cailore Simulation Design earns 40 shares per 70 square inches in the final published product;
  • Interior Art: 4 shares per 70 square inches for non-exclusive art, art which has been exclusively licensed to Cailore Simulation Design earns 16 shares per 70 square inches in the final published product;
  • Map Design: 2 shares per 70 square inches in the final published product.

Artists maintain ownership of their work unless they have entered into an additional exclusive agreement, in exchange for additional shares.

90% of the income from any sale will be distributed to that product’s creators according to the number of shares they earned through their contributions to that product. The other 10% will be distributed among all Cailore Fantasy contributors based upon the total number of shares they have earned from all products to which they have contributed.

We do this because we recognize that as a shared fantasy world, the quality and success of the project rely upon the efforts of everyone involved and no one’s contributions should be forgotten.

See the Cailore Fantasy Contributor Agreement for more information. To find out about current sales and earnings, you can see the current and past Quarterly Financial Reports (Available after the close of our first fiscal quarter which will be October 2017).